Clam Elite Lacrosse League
C.E.L.L. Rules and Schedule
- Games are 25 minutes, running time.
- If the margin is 2 goals or less, the clock will stop & start on the whistle in the last 2 minutes.
- Faceoffs will take place to start the game and at the beginning of an overtime period.
- After a goal, the goaltender will restart with the ball
- If the margin is 5 goals or more, the team with the lower score begins with possession after every goal.
- In the last two minutes, the team with the lead cannot carry or pass the ball backcourt after gaining the midline.
- Each team gets one 60-second timeout per game that can be used at any time.
- Each team has six field players and one goaltender. Of the field players, up to two can have a longpole.
- All personal fouls and technical fouls will be one minute. There are no 30-second fouls.
- Egregious fouls like fighting, hits to the head/neck and boarding will be multiple-minute fouls, and can result in ejection.
- Any player who accumulates five minutes in fouls will be ‘fouled out’.
- If a team only has one goalie and he gets a penalty, his teammate can serve his penalty.
- Each team must always have at least one player in their offensive end.
- Each team must always have at least two players in their defensive end – usually the goaltender & one longpole.
- A player coming onto the field should not play the ball, or play an opponent, until his teammate is off the court.
- Upon gaining control of the ball in the defensive end, you have 10 seconds to get the ball over the midline.
- The ball is considered "out of bounds" only if it's lost over the boards or glass or touches a player on the bench.
- A forfeit can affect that team's playoff eligibility.
- Two Forfeits eliminates that team from the playoffs, and may result in immediately removal from the schedule.
- Forfeits happen in two ways and will be scored 1-0.
- A team does not have at least six field players and a goaltender to start the game = forfeit
- A team allows a player to play that is not on their CELL roster = forfeit
- Diving is allowed. Ball must be in net before he touches crease. He cannot contact goaltender or goal.
- Diving shooter cannot dive toward the mouth of the goal.
- Any and all issues not covered here will be handled at the discretion of officials and CELL management.