Winter CELL 2023-2024
Winter CELL 2023-2024 Dates
Sunday December 3rd, 2023
Sunday December 10th, 2023
Sunday December 17th, 2023
Sunday January 7th, 2024
Sunday January 14th, 2024
Sunday January 21st, 2024
Sunday January 28th, 2024
Sunday February 4th, 2024
Games are played between 12:30pm and 5:00pm each Sunday at Teamworks in Acton, MA.
- Games are 22-25 minutes, running time.
- If the margin is 2 goals or less, the clock will stop & start on the whistle in the last 2 minutes.
- Faceoffs will take place to start the game and at the beginning of an overtime period.
- After a goal, the goaltender will restart with the ball
- If the margin is 5 goals or more, the team with the lower score begins with possession after every goal.
- In the last two minutes, the team with the lead cannot carry or pass the ball backcourt after gaining the midline.
- Each team gets one 60-second timeout per game that can be used at any time.
- Each team has six field players and one goaltender. Of the field players, up to two can have a longpole.
- All personal fouls and technical fouls will be one minute. There are no 30-second fouls.
- Egregious fouls like fighting, hits to the head/neck and boarding will be multiple-minute fouls, and can result in ejection.
- Any player who accumulates five minutes in fouls will be ‘fouled out’.
- If a team only has one goalie and he gets a penalty, his teammate can serve his penalty.
- Each team must always have at least one player in their offensive end.
- Each team must always have at least two players in their defensive end – usually the goaltender & one longpole.
- A player coming onto the field should not play the ball, or play an opponent, until his teammate is off the court.
- Upon gaining control of the ball in the defensive end, you have 10 seconds to get the ball over the midline.
- The ball is considered "out of bounds" only if it's lost over the boards or glass or touches a player on the bench.
- A forfeit can affect that team's playoff eligibility.
- Two Forfeits eliminates that team from the playoffs, and may result in immediately removal from the schedule.
- Forfeits happen in two ways and will be scored 1-0.
- A team does not have at least six field players and a goaltender to start the game = forfeit
- A team allows a player to play that is not on their CELL roster = forfeit
- Diving is allowed. Ball must be in net before player touches crease. Player cannot contact goaltender or goal.
- Diving shooter cannot dive toward the mouth of the goal.
- Any and all issues not covered here will be handled at the discretion of officials and CELL management.